Skip to main content

Writer Interview #27

-- World of Writing, Interview #27 --


George Sherman Hudson was born and raised in Atlanta (GA, USA). After being continuously rejected by different publishers because of the subject matter contained in his books while serving time, this father of two did some research and started G Street Chronicles, (www.gstreetchronicles.com) the urban book publishing company that's ran by him with the help of his COO and fiancé Erica Jones. While George is continuously working hard to make G Street Chronicles a recognized name in the literary industry, he's also working hard on his highly anticipated REAL series, although his debut book Drama is in stores now. Mr. Hudson is here with us today to share his thoughts on the world of writing...


Q: What motivates you to write? 

A: The idea of a good story is my motivation. My creative juices makes me grab my paper and pen daily.

Q: How do you spend your writing time?

I spend it plotting and trying to give readers a interesting story line. I always want my readers wanting more.

Q. What is your favorite genre of writing?

A: Urban fiction is my favorite genre. I favor it because its a genre I know a lot about and I feel an author should be familiar with his subject matter.

Q. Do you write only non-fiction? Or fiction?  

A. I'm thinking about writing a non fiction piece. For now I'm going to stick with the fiction books.

Q. What keeps you writing while getting rejection letters or struggling with writer's block?

A. My first rejection letter made me work ten times harder to make it. In my mission to get signed I learned a lot about book publishing. With the knowledge I acquired and ambition to get published I decided to start my own company. Now I'm the owner of G Street Chronicles.

Q. Do you use certain tricks that help prevent you from straying from your goal?  
A. No tricks I just try my best to stay focused. I stay surrounded by positive people that motivate me to be the best that I can be.



Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio program, newsletter, blogs, and more at: www.brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, or purchasing a book - each book sold raises funds for charity as well!

Comments