Skip to main content

World of Writing & Eco-Resources




-- Announcement --



Congratulations to Izzy K. - winner of the Stephanie Loves Blog contest - she will receive a collectors edition of Towards Understanding, my book of poetry! Thanks to Stephanie for making this all possible. 




 -- Referral Corner --



Here are some recommended resources that may interest you:

Have you heard of GiveAwayScout.com ? This site apparently scans thousands of blogs to bring their readers the latest blog giveaways, coupons, sweepstakes and contests.

Local Governments for sustainability - Iclei.org - an international association of local governments as well as national and regional local government organizations who have made a commitment to sustainable development. This hub provides technical consulting, training, and information services to build capacity, share knowledge, and support for people looking for positive change in the world.

Sierra Club Cool Cities campaign – CoolCities.us - Sierra Club's Cool Cities Program, led by volunteers around the country, is a collaboration between community members, organizations, businesses, and local leaders to implement clean energy solutions that save money, create jobs, and help curb global warming. The toolkits show how much money your city can save by making energy efficiency a priority, sample letters you can use to write your mayor and more!



-- World of Writing --

Today's special feature guest joins us for a World of Writing interview:

 

Julia Widdop, a spirituality and creativity coach specializing in working with individuals who wish to access their highest and most creative self. Julia is also owner of Dreamtime Press, a small publishing company specializing in new age books… Julia is currently busy working on a novel set on the big island of Hawaii and also on a non-fiction book about holistic journaling. She is also spending more time in her painting studio "messing" with her new love -- flow acrylics. Julia always makes time for her radio show for which she has a lineup of fascinating people… and she offers some interesting writing services via her site as well. Julia joins us today for a discussion on writing advice and insider’s knowledge of the self-publishing industry. Drop by Julia’s site @: JuliaWiddop.com - & her blog @: DreamTimeBooks.blogspot.com 

Q: Tell us something about yourself.

Well, I am the founder of a small publishing company, Dreamtime Press and a creativity group, Dreamtime Creative Circle. I am currently busy working on a novel set on the big island of Hawaii and also on a non-fiction book about holistic journaling. I hold an MA in community counseling and enjoy working in the realms of Jungian dream-work and Ericksonian Hypnosis.

Q: Did you choose writing as a profession, or did it choose you?

Writing is only one of the ways I choose to communicate. I also use video and online teaching by web cam. I wouldn’t primarily consider myself a writer. I choose to that as one method of communicate because I want to help people.

Q: What are common mistakes authors make?

Thinking that when they finish writing their book that their job is done, but if you want readers for your book – then your job has just begun. You must now gain the attention of the people who would become your readers.

Q: What are your greatest obstacles and motivators when it comes to writing?

What my friend calls “productive procrastination.” I really have to watch myself or I will start all sorts of productive projects that will take me away from my writing project.

Q: What is your favorite memory in your career as a writer?
 
The times when I am “in the flow” Those times when the words just flow out and I feel I am connected to the source of all creativity.

Q:What do you think about self-publishing?

I think it’s the wave of the future. In fact I teach and coach people on how to self-publish at WiziQ.com. I think traditional publishing companies (like my own) will become obsolete as authors learn the secrets of self-publishing and learn the ever changing world of self-promotion of themselves and their work. I believe that the publishing industry will increasingly look like the music industry. There will be some who are super-stars published by the old well-known publishers, but the vast majority will be indies. They will self-publish, self-promote and build themselves a business and a life.
 
Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, information about their radio program, newsletter, blogs, and more at: www.brummet.ca

* Support the Brummets by telling your friends, or visiting the Brummet's Store - & remember... every sale raises funds for charity as well!

Comments