Skip to main content

Fundraiser !

  I received the following information about a fantastic fundraiser by a writer friend of ours - Karin Fabian. So far, she says, "We have raised $234 (not counting book sales)"

Here is some information about the fundraiser, written by Karin:
 

"We’ve had an upsetting number of forest fires in the West, and Colorado Springs has been especially hard hit, with over 35,000 people evacuating their homes and hundreds of homes destroyed or damaged by the flames.  People have come from all over the nation to assist in fighting the fires, and so many are going to have to rebuild their homes from scratch.

I want my story to help them.

Coyote Fires is now up in a serial format at http://coyotefires.karinafabian.com.  I have a donation button on the site, and I’m asking that if you enjoy the story, you help me help others by donating a little to the cause.  You can donate as little as $1.  For every $10 I earn (from one to ten donors), I’ll put up another episode.  I’ll take donations until - September 1.  At that time, I’ll send all the proceeds to the Colorado Springs chapter of the American Red Cross. I also have a deal, where if you donate over $25 dollars, I’ll send you an autographed copy of Magic, Mensa and Mayhem.  (Your entire donation will go to the ARC.) 

In addition, between now and Aug 31, the publisher, editors, and I are donating all our profits from the Coyote Story: Perfect Ten and the Dragon Eye novel: Live and Let Fly(Thanks to Penny Ehrenkranz, Lea Schizas and Chris Steeves Speakman for donating thier share of the profits, too!).

Coyote Fires it's a short mystery involving Coyote the Native American trickster god, and Vern and Sister Grace of my Dragon Eye, PI world. Who would want to kill Coyote--and why are they setting fire to the mountainside to do it?
I'm posting it in serial as a fundraiser for the American Red Cross to help the victims of the Colorado fires, since Vern and Grace make their home in Colorado. People can read the story at http://coyotefires.karinafabian.com/ and donate if they are enjoying it. "

 Good luck Karin with your admirable fundraiser :)

Find Dave and Lillian Brummet, excerpts from their books, their radio program, blog, and more at: http://brummet.ca * Support the Brummets by telling your friends, clicking those social networking buttons, or visiting the Brummet's Store - and help raise funds for charity as well!


Comments